Clinical Training Specialist
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Clinical Training Specialist
An exciting vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist, based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital. The successful candidate will report to the Nurse Manager, General Units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and delivering clinical nurse training to ensure competent qualified nurses and students-in-training in line with LHC strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating).
- Participate in the selection process of internal and external students
- Ensure the correct management of student administration and resources
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development
- Provide feedback on the progress of the students both to the Learning Centre and HOD
- Support students with research projects in the hospital environment
Effective management of CPD & other programs for qualified nurses
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence
Effective management of the risk bases in-service training programs (including quality)
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor risk based in-service training programs
- Participate in incident investigation
- Participate in hospital quality projects, provide feedback, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary
- Identify risks and competence in use of products through in-service training
Effective research on relevant clinical practices
Effective marketing of the nursing profession
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession
- Participate in marketing initiatives with students and learning centres in order to promote nursing as a career
- Participate with students in community events to promote the hospital
- Relevant Nursing Diploma/Degree in Nursing Education
- Minimum of 2 year Post registration nursing experience within relevant healthcare environment
- Current registration with SANC and Registered Assessor with SANC
- Proven clinical leadership expertise
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation
- Understanding of change management principles
- Facilitation and assessment skills
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Ethical behavior
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Thursday, January 23, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.