Clinical Training Specialist Theatre Qualified
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Clinical Training Specialist Theatre Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist Qualified at Life Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Nursing Standards Manager, Lida Oberholzer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering clinical nurse training to ensure competent qualified nurses and students-in-training in line with LHC strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of CPD & other programs for qualified nurses
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence
Effective management of the risk bases in-service training programs (including quality)
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor risk based in-service training programs
- Participate in incident investigation
- Participate in hospital quality projects, provide feedback, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary
- Identify risks and competence in use of products through in-service training
Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating)
- Participate in the selection process of internal and external students
- Ensure the correct management of student administration and resources
- Ensure quality clinical accompaniment to our post basic Operating Theatre Nursing students at UFS and to all groups of our ODA students
- Execute Theatre training plan for the year and ensure targets are reached
- Ensure situational training takes place as the situation arises
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development
- Provide feedback on the progress of the students both to the Learning Centre and HOD
- Support students with research projects in the hospital environment
Effective research on relevant clinical practices
- Identify and formulate a plan of action relating to clinical delivery problems
Effective marketing of the nursing profession
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession
- Participate in marketing initiatives with students and learning centres in order to promote nursing as a career
- Participate with students in community events to promote the hospital
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing and at least 5 years post registration Hospital / Theatre experience is essential.
- Post basic Operating Theatre Nursing Science qualification is essential.
- Post basic qualification in Nursing Education is essential.
- Must be registered with SANC accordingly.
- Proven clinical leadership expertise is important.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation is a pre-requisite.
- Understanding of change management principles.
- Facilitation and assessment skills are essential.
- Computer proficiency is important.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- 051 505 5519
- 086 646 7529
- Closing date
- Friday, December 13, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.