Clinical training specialist - Specialised
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Clinical training specialist - Specialised
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist at Life Wilgers Hospital situated in Pretoria. The position will report to the Nursing Standards Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and managing the risk based hospital specific education and training strategy and ensuring all programs and outputs are aligned to company goals and objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Participate in the identification and planning of the nursing component of the WSP according to requirements of the hospital and in line with the Nursing function strategy.
- Effective management of clinical programs for learners
- Plan & co-ordinate CPD and other programs for qualified nurses as well as competency based assessment of staff
- Effective management of the risk based in-service training programs (including quality)
- Effective people development program
- Plan & co-ordinate clinically-related risk based in-service training programs, monitor compliance to risk related training strategy, actively participate in incident investigation, co-ordinate and facilitate preventative training programs and participate in hospital quality projects.
- Ensure competence in use of products through in-service training to facilitate compliance.
- Identify risks, in all of the above, and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating)
- Participate in the selection process of internal and external students in collaboration with relevant Learning Centre and manage the student administration and resources.
- Plan, co-ordinate and facilitate clinical skills development with relevant stakeholders, identify learning opportunities, plan and co-ordinate clinical placement, clinical accompaniment and clinical assessment and submit required documentation.
- Participate in HOD meetings to provide feedback on student progress, drive completion of professional socialization tool with Unit Managers and drive student feedback on learning experience to relevant Learning Centre.
- Identify research projects for students and provide support in hospital environment and participate in regional research days with relevant Learning Centre Manager.
- Identify gaps related to clinical delivery and conduct appropriate investigation, formulate plan of action to address gaps, document information and make results available.
- Participate actively in the marketing of the professional image of Nursing within the community and act as a role-model for the Nursing profession, which includes visible clinical care.
- Participate actively in marketing initiatives, together with students and relevant.
- A post basic qualification in Critical, Medical and Surgical Nursing science is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years experience post Critical, Medical and Surgical Nursing science is essential.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing Education is essential.
- Cardio Thoracic Experience will be to your advantage.
- Proven clinical leadership expertise is important.Organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous managerial experience is advantageous.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation.
- Facilitation and assessment skills is important.
- Excellent Computer proficiency.
- Drivers license and own reliable transport is essential.
- 012 807 8174
- 012 807 6497
- Closing date
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.