Clinical Training Specialist General Wards & Maternity
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Clinical Training Specialist General Wards & Maternity
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist General Wards and Maternity at Life Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Nursing Standards Manager, Lida Oberholzer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and delivering clinical training for Nursing Staff in the hospital, to ensure competent qualified nurses and students-in-training in line with LHC strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of CPD & other training programs for qualified nurses and students:
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence.
- Participate in the identification and planning of the nursing component of the WSP according to the hospital needs and in line with the Nursing Function strategy.
- Plan and coordinate CPD and other training programs for qualified nurses with the Nursing Standards Manager in line with hospital and company requirements.
- Facilitates hospital induction program.
- Plan and facilitate competency based training and assessment for staff together with the enabling team and Unit Managers.
Effective management of Risk Based in-service training related to adverse events and other quality initiatives.
- Plan and co-ordinate clinically-related risk based in service training in conjunction with Nursing Standards Manager and Unit Managers in line with the hospital needs and company requirements e.g. reduction of medication errors.
- Actively participate in adverse event investigation, make recommendations to line managers and communicate learning’s.
- Provide risk based in-service training, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary.
- Monitor compliance to risk related training strategy and report accordingly.
- Identify risks and ensure competence in use of products through in-service training.
Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating)
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development.
- Facilitate student practical assessments where applicable.
- Provide feedback on the progress of the students both to the Learning Centre and HOD.
- Support students with research projects in the hospital environment.
Effective research on relevant clinical practices
- Identify and formulate a plan of action relating to clinical delivery problems.
Effective marketing of the nursing profession
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession.
- Participate in marketing initiatives with students and learning centres in order to promote nursing as a career.
- Participate in the Enabling Team to ensure and promote a high standard of quality care.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing.
- Registration as a midwife is essential.
- Nursing Education diploma is preferred.
- Must be registered with SANC accordingly.
- Experience as a Clinical Training Specialist in the private sector will be an advantage.
- A qualification in Preceptorship will be an advantage.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
- Proven clinical leadership expertise is important.
- Understanding of change management principles.
- Facilitation and assessment skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Driver’s license.
- Preference will be given to affirmative action candidates in line with the Employment Equity Company’s policy.
- 086 6467529
- Closing date
- Friday, November 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.