Clinical Training Specialist (Exp)
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Clinical Training Specialist (Exp)
Vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist, based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Nursing standards manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the clinical competency of the nursing staff.
- Critical Outputs
Participate in the management of CPD & other programs for qualified nurses.
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence
Support in the management of the risk based in-service training programs
- Participate in incident investigation
- Participate in hospital quality projects, provide feedback, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary
- Identify risks and competence in use of products through in-service training
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development
- Support students/staff with research projects in the hospital environment
Participate in research on relevant clinical practices
- Identify and formulate a plan of action relating to clinical delivery problems
Effective marketing of the nursing profession
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession
Participate in the management of customer satisfaction and risk management
- Doing care rounds – proactive identification of problems
- Implementation of actions to improve customer satisfaction
- Promote relationships between doctor’s, staff and patients
- Promote interdepartmental communication
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards of the hospital in adherence to the infection prevention standards.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing
- Qualification in Nursing Education
- Working experience in a Critical care position will be to your advantage
- Post registration nursing experience within relevant healthcare environment
- Current registration with SANC and Registered Assessor with SANC
- Proven clinical leadership expertise
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation
- Understanding of change management principles
- Facilitation and assessment skills
- Computer proficiency
- Drivers license
- Grade 12
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, October 29, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.