Clinical Training Specialist
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Clinical Training Specialist
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Training Specialist at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Nurse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering clinical nurse training to ensure competent qualified nurses and students-in-training in line with LHC strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective management of CPD & other programs for qualified nurses.
- Participate in the identification and planning of the nursing component of the WSP according to requirements of hospital and in line with the Nursing function strategy.
- Plan & co-ordinate CPD and other programs for qualified nurses as well as competency based assessment of staff, provide mentoring and coaching to staff to ensure clinical competence and submit required information to Nursing function.
- Participate in hospital quality review meetings to provide feedback. Effective management of the risk based in-service training programs (including quality).
- Plan & co-ordinate clinically-related risk based in-service training programs, monitor compliance to risk related training strategy, actively participate in incident investigation, co-ordinate and facilitate preventative training programs and participate in hospital quality projects.
- Ensure competence in use of products through in-service training to facilitate compliance. Identify risks, in all of the above, and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating).
- Plan, co-ordinate and facilitate clinical skills development with relevant stakeholders, identify learning opportunities, clinical accompaniment and clinical assessment and submit required documentation.
- Participate in HOD meetings to provide feedback on student progress, drive completion of professional socialisation tool with Unit Managers and drive student feedback on learning experience. Effective research on relevant clinical practices.
- Identify gaps related to clinical delivery and conduct appropriate investigation, formulate plan of action to address gaps, document information and make results available.
- Effective marketing of the nursing profession.
- Participate actively in the marketing of the professional image of Nursing within the community and act as a role-model for the Nursing profession, which includes visible clinical care.
- Participate actively in marketing initiatives, together with students and relevant Learning Centre, to promote Nursing as a career and in various community events to promote hospital.
- Diploma/Degree in General Nursing ,with at least 3 to 5 years post registration nursing experience will be an advantage.
- Nursing Education Qualification Compulsory
- Current registration with SANC and Registered Assessor with SANC. Proven clinical leadership expertise.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation.
- Understanding of change management principles.
- Facilitation and assessment skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Drivers license.
- Grade 12
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement.
- Team work.
- Influencing (including negotiation).
- Verbal & written communication (including presentations).
- Planning & organising (including time management).
- Developing people.
- Drive and energy.
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work).
- Ethical behaviour (honesty).
- Building relationships & networking.
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Friday, June 22, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.