Clinical Service Manager
- Mangaung Correctional Centre: Bloemfontein
- Clinical Service Manager
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Services Manager, based at Mangaung Correctional Centre, Bloemfontein, reporting to the Clinic Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving, coordinating and managing the clinical outcomes in collaboration with the Nursing & Pharmacy function to achieve company and Quality strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Admission, physical examination, treatment regimen, follow-up and routine examination of patients.
- Pre-discharge evaluation, continuation of treatment, emergency care.
- Management of hospital staff IOD according to company health surveillance policy.
- Play an important role in the rehabilitation programme.
- Conduct regular ward rounds with the clinical team, to see all referrals by specialist and to report back to specialist.
Ensure Quality Patient Care
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of quality patient care
- Ensuring adequate medical practitioners and professional staff coverage according to the patient requirements
- Ensuring ongoing competence of medical practitioners and professionals through continuous assessment and training
- Ensuring various clinical quality targets are achieved and monthly report submitted.
- Conducting clinical audits periodically and ensure adherence to clinical standards.
- Ensuring special investigation are being utilized appropriately at that it is in accordance with the budget
- Building a network of specialists within the hospital in order to appropriate the use of specialist resources.
Patient Care Information System
- Ensure that database is maintained concerning: Clinical, Gender, Diagnosis, treatment plan, referrals, deaths and discharges.
Ensure effective management of clinical standards
- Driving compliance to standard treatment guidelines, clinical notes standards and Esidimeni formulary by ensuring necessary training is conducted regularly and audits are conducted.
Legislation, Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Compliance of the rules and regulations of the health Act, Mental Health Act, LRA, OHSA.
- Adherence to company standards and policies and procedures.
Productive relationship with internal and external stakeholder
- Building and maintain productive relationship with the internal and external stakeholders through ongoing formal and informal communication and networking sessions
Ensure effective financial management
- Participate actively in budgeting process to understand cost drivers
- Review monthly reports and ensure compliance to budgeted PPD cost, manage all elements of Labour costs effectively.
- Assist in preparation of motivation for new Capex equipment in line with requirements of patient and hospital; ensure that is used effectively by professionals
Ensure effective leadership and people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of company values, operating models and strategy
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behavior in hospital
- Ensure CPD activities take place, together with the local general practitioners.
- In-service training of nursing and supplementary health professionals
- Clinical guidance to management
- MBBCh from recognized institution (post graduate qualification in management will be advantageous)
- Proven Leadership in a similar position within healthcare environment
- Current registration with HPCSA
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Current knowledge of current clinical treatment regimens as it relates to district hospital environment
- Knowledge of local languages will be an advantageous
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.