Clinical Practice Pharmacist
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Clinical Practice Pharmacist
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Practice Pharmacist based at Life Bedford Gardens Hospital, reporting to Sanrika Naidoo, Pharmacy Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a patient-centered clinical pharmacy service within the hospital as an integral part of the healthcare team, ensuring that objectives and standards are met to promote safety, efficacy and sustainability in medication use in the hospital.
- Critical Outputs
- Implement all components of the LHC antimicrobial stewardship programme;
- Compile and update antibiograms, and monitor microorganisms cultured at unit level. Discuss trends with local microbiologists and build effective working relationships;
- Drive improvements in hospital programme metrics;
- Drive the delivery of key performance indicators in clinical pharmacy processes and practice to improve patient safety and outcomes;
- Drive improvements in clinical pharmacy metrics;
- Utilise surveillance system optimally to support effective prioritization and work practices in wards;
- Preparation for and active participation in internal stakeholder meetings including presentation of progress and gaps;
- Provide appropriate clinical pharmacy support for cost of care initiatives and projects and drive appropriate implementation;
- Enhance cooperative and influential working relationships with doctors and other functional stakeholders;
- Provide drug information and evidence based guidance and training for other healthcare professionals;
- Elevate the performance on medication safety management and medication error interventions at ward level;
- Implement customer satisfaction and quality initiatives as identified;
- Comply with all legal, professional and procedural requirements pertaining to dispensing of prescriptions;
- Participate in the implementation of and compliance to LHC Quality Management Systems;
- Participation in industry conferences, relevant societies and external stakeholder meetings.
- Drive the appropriate utilisation of cost-effective medication and formulary medication in the hospital.
- B Pharm and relevant certificate in ward pharmacy/clinical skills or studying towards a certificate in ward pharmacy/clinical skills.
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience in the critical outputs in a hospital environment.
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council as a pharmacist.
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges.
- Computer proficiency (MS office).
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.