- Life The Glynnwood Hospital
- Clinical Pharmacist
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Pharmacist based at Life The Glynnwood Hospital, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
- Perform daily ward rounds with a multitude of medical specialists
- Coordination of antimicrobial stewardship initiatives, identification of problem areas and implementation of corrective actions
- Review all ICU prescriptions and monitor all ICU patients to ensure effective and safe drug therapy and provide feedback and advice to healthcare team regarding potential problems.
- Partner with Antimicrobial Stewardship Doctor Champion to identify and address inappropriate antimicrobial usage.
- Participate in the implementation of and compliance to LHC Quality Management Systems.
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget.
- Build effective working relationships with doctors, allied healthcare professionals, infection prevention and nursing staff
- Training of Nursing and Pharmacy staff
- MSc (Med)/M.Pharm/ Pharm D degree in Clinical Pharmacy is essential
- 2-5 years’ experience in the implementation of antimicrobial stewardship and clinical pharmacy services
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience in the critical outputs
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council as a pharmacist
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, February 21, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.