Clinical Education Manager
- Life College of Learning Head Office
- Clinical Education Manager
A vacancy exists for Clinical Education Manager, based at Life College of Learning Head Office, reporting to Judy van Zyl, National Education Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing competent qualified nurses and other health practitioners to meet the needs of LHC and external healthcare providers by managing the programmes related to the clinical education of students and qualified staff.
- Critical Outputs
Effective management of standards and policies for all clinical education programmes
- Guide the development and implementation of a clinical education framework as a standard that underlies all programmes
- Establish, monitor and evaluate the implementation of standards and policies at learning centre and clinical facilities
Effective development clinical education curricula
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate the clinical curricula for all new programmes
- Review, monitor and evaluate all current clinical curricula
Effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with hospital management, business unit management and enabling functions by communicating and interacting regularly on progress of programmes and students
- Involvement in professional association and liaison with education stakeholders with the aim of improving the quality of education at college
Effective quality management of the Continuing Professional Development programme
- Establish, monitor and evaluate the annual nursing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme
- Liaise with clinical nursing team, identify risks and establish corrective or mitigating actions
Effective management of clinical assessment processes and instruments
- Develop, monitor and evaluate implementation of standardised clinical assessment processes
- Develop, monitor and evaluate standardised clinical assessment tools
Effective collaboration with nursing practice
- Liaise with the nursing practice and quality teams to link clinical tools and CPD with quality and nursing projects and initiatives
- Liaise with nursing practice and quality team to address clinical risks in practice and align clinical education with quality and nursing work procedures and practices
Effective management of technology
- Monitor and evaluate the use of simulation for student learning and staff remediation
- Manage effective and efficient online access to CPD programme
Effective review of medical legal incidences
- Assist LHC legal department with review of nursing related incidents
- Member of the LHC medical legal committee
- Relevant degree in nursing and a post graduate qualification in nursing education.
- Applicants must have a relevant masters’ degree.
- Applicants must have a management qualification and will be given preference.
- Strong clinical practice background including management experience.
- Current registration with SANC.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Motivating and developing people
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Leading by example
- People management
- Closing date
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.