Catering Housekeeping Assistant
- Catering Housekeeping
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Catering Housekeeping Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Catering Housekeeping Assistant based at Life Groenkloof Hospital, reporting to the Catering Manager, Morne Greyling. The incumbent will be responsible for the unpacking and issuing of daily stock and keep all storerooms and cold rooms hygienic clean at all times .
- Critical Outputs
- To complete all necessary issue sheets for each service, as necessary and as required by your supervisor.
- To communicate well with catering staff and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times.
- To undertake all aspects of cleaning within the Catering department that includes the Stores area and store rooms include equipment and all food containers.
- Check deliveries and temperatures on deliveries and record correctly
- To assist by unpacking all deliveries in line with the Food safety policy and temperature control.
- To Move, store and unpack all good from Boxes, bags or plastics
- To ensure that all ‘’Best before Dates’’ are written on all stock Containers
- To ensure that all the store rooms and cold rooms are clean and tidy on a daily basis
- Food items supply to the catering department –inclusive of audits and stock takes
- Counting and sorting of food items as per Food safety policy
- Accurate record keeping
- Processing of stock in designated areas
- Quality and stock management
- Liaison with respective vendors including catering Management
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Grade 12
- Computer literate and Excel competed
- Experience in food handling / Stock Control will be advantageous
- Good communications skills
- Ability to adhere to all Health & Safety and Food Safety practices
- Flexible attitude
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Own Transport
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Friday, October 15, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.