- Life Beacon Bay Hospital
- Case Manager
A vacancy exists for a Case Manager, based at Life Beacon Bay Hospital, reporting to the Patient Services Manager, Joslin McPherson. The position’s primary responsibilities include efficient patient case management and the delivery of an efficient and professional service to the internal and external customers. The successful candidate will be goal oriented with strong customer, quality and performance focus.
- Critical Outputs
- Carry out clinical coding in accordance with CPT and ICD requirements
- Ensure that pre-admission and pre-authorisation information is accurate and in accordance with hospital and funder procedures.
- Maintain patients’ MHC status in accordance with funder approval requirements for the duration of hospitalization
- Provide complete and accurate updates and discharge information of all accounts
- Keep patients and doctors informed of LOS and handle patient files in accordance with hospital procedures
- Timeous electronic submission of accounts and follow up on short payments arising from case management related issues.
- Ensure the adherence of hospital staff to funder rules and coding procedures
- Keep well informed on legislation pertaining to funders and related Health Care matters
- SANC registration as an RN
- Grade 12
- 3 – 5 years’ experience of basic finance and Medical Aid administration procedures will be an advantage
- Knowledge of hospital billing and tariffs as well as Imeds / Impilo would be an advantage.
- Have sound computer literacy skills and working knowledge of MS office, word and excel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form and build strong partnerships
- Excellent negotiation skills & the ability to interact with tact and diplomacy
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 043 711 5100
- 086 206 1961
- Closing date
- Friday, September 20, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.