Business Optimisation Specialist
- Head Office
- Life Head Office, Illovo
- Business Optimisation Specialist
A vacancy exists for a Business Optimisation Specialist based at Head Office, reporting to Business Optimisation Lead - SA. The incumbent will be responsible to assist the business optimisation lead and will be required to ensure adequate support with the design, development, delivery and maintenance of business process solutions within the Transformation Office (DOMINO) framework as well as any additional projects.
The incumbent will be part of an environment that is exciting and intellectually stimulating and will require strong project planning and process design skills.
- Critical Outputs
- Key areas of responsibility:
- Works with Business Optimisation Lead and Business Optimistion Project Manager to plan and prepare for interactions with key stakeholders
- Coordinates meeting calendar for Chief Transformation Officer (e.g., board meetings, monthly updates)
- Prepares agendas for meetings
- Documents results of meetings and tracks completion of action items
- Tracks progress of the transformation and business optimisation programme and reports any issues
- Supports Initiative Leaders in collecting information and documenting the results/progress by initiative (e.g., reports, emerging issue logs)
- Identifies and highlights issues that merit further investigation by the Chief Transformation Officer or Initiative Leaders
- Prepares reports and facilitates completion of ad hoc requests from Transformation Office
- Maintains energy by ensuring accurate and timely distribution of local and central Transformation Office communications and reports to local and central Transformation Office members
- Supports Chief Transformation Officer regarding Transformation Office administration and meeting preparation as well as the Business Optimisation Project manager on BO programmes
- Supports Initiative Leaders in identifying emerging issues within their project and in reporting timely, clear and accurate updates to the transformation office including updates to the master plan and other ad hoc reports
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements and uncovering areas for improvement.
- Developing and implementing solutions.
- Performing requirements analysis - Documenting and communicating the results.
- Qualification in analysis, project management or business administration or equivalent NQF level 7.
- 3– 5 years’ experience in a business analysis or project management environment.
- Computer proficiency at an advanced level.
- Technical acumen
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Engaging diversity
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Planning and organisation skills
- Presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costings, budgets etc.
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered. Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you.
Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.