- Business Analyst
- Head Office, JHB
- Business Analyst
Business Analyst, reporting to the Data Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for gathering, analysing and understanding business users' data and analytics requirements and translating these requirements into analytics best practice technical solutions that meet the relevant business objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Contribute to the Data Operations team laying a solid data platform allowing Life Healthcare to drive business value through descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Facilitate the business case development process.
- Collaborate with data architects and engineers to ensure that technology aligns with business needs for all solutions delivered and assets managed.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations through proactive updating on project progress and results.
- In collaboration with business stakeholders, identify business needs to frame the project effectively.
- Manage multiple projects, including project documentation, scope, timelines, priorities and efficient and timeous delivery on milestones.
- Conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level, focusing on quality improvement and data management, ensuring data is reliable and valid, developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination and integrating new systems and processes with existing ones.
- Provide project-level analysis, producing required project analysis documentation.
- Identify opportunities for improvements.
- Apply governance and defined project delivery methodologies.
- Support system conversions, upgrades and enhancements.
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or an alternative analytical field, or equivalent qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analyst role in a data environment, with demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation and strong project management proficiency.
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharpening of skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Understanding data architecture and pipelines and their role in ensuring that data delivery meets analytical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Healthcare experience will be a strong advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Analytical mindset
- Solutions focus
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Monday, January 17, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.