- Patient services
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Bill Auditor
A vacancy exists for a Bill Auditor based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, Cape Town reporting to Loadia Ephraim, patient Services Manager The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting retrospective audits of patient documentation, in order to identify and highlight areas of weakness, recommend corrective action and monitor effective implementation thereof, in support of Life Healthcare objectives and strategy.
- Critical Outputs
Effective delivery of quality customer care
- Evaluate data accuracy to identify deviations and make recommendations for corrective action, implement and monitor same
- Analyse data trends relating to rejections and short payments etc.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with internal customers to achieve co-operation and compliance with audit processes
- Compile and maintain a bill audit file containing copies of documentation as per LHC protocols
Effective auditing of patient documentation
- Audit pre-set number of files according to Life standards, in order to achieve monthly target
- Complete a bill audit template on each file audited
- Complete the bill audit toolkit and any updates where required
- Complete, successfully, the LHC coding course and achieve a set pass rate
- Analyse results and make recommendations
- Compile and submit a monthly bill audit report
Effective auditing of hospital operational processes
- Verify statistics on number of elective cases that went to PAC, analyse and report trends on rejection and on med-central short payment report, analyse and report late charges etc.
Effective monitoring of patient services process compliance
- Analyse trends to identify deviations, report on and influence Stock Controllers & Billing Clerks through presentations and discussion in monthly RSRT meetings & bill audit reports
- Monitor effectiveness of implementation of action plans
- Appropriate medical qualification (i.e. EN, RN or similar)
- Current SANC registration appropriate to relevant Medical Qualification an advantage
- Knowledge of hospital patient services and billing processes
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT & ICD coding
- Knowledge of Funder contracts, scheme rules, exclusions and benefits
- Understanding of private hospital industry and practices
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Sunday, May 9, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.