Bed Bookings Clerk
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Bed Bookings Clerk
A vacancy exists for Bed Bookings Clerk, based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, Cape Town, reporting to the Theatre Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the formulation of daily theatre slate, allocation of patients to the wards and ensuring that all problems experienced with regards to the slate and accommodation are resolved.
- Critical Outputs
- Comply and assist with the implementation of new growth strategies within the hospital, e.g. expansions, new practitioners, sanctioning doctors.
- Ensure a culture of quality in our business and operational excellence, cost control and management of outputs.
- Provide a cost effective and efficient support service to the hospital and patients.
- Compile operating slate with accuracy and efficiency by obtaining all relevant data and information from doctors rooms and theatre management for procedures booked the following day
- Liaise with relevant units and doctors to allocate beds for theatre cases and bookings from the doctors rooms in advance where possible
- Ensure accurate bed allocation to assist in minimizing Edit Accommodation entries
- Communicate with all parties re any shortage of beds for the next day and where possible stagger the admission times of patients
- Respond effectively to customer queries within 24hrs
- Accurate and concise information to be provided to customers at all times (patients, nursing and Doctors)
- Sustaining the sms notification to all doctors for patient admitted.
- Communicate all cases booked to reception.
- Support the line manager with all new initiatives
- Play an active role in individual performance and development by recognizing ones strengths and weaknesses and managing them.
- Promote healthy work relations between all functional departments and break silos within the business unit
- Assist and contribute in achieving group target for all QMS audits.
- Maintaining effective teamwork within the department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Continuously evaluating and improving current work processes.
- Matric or equivalent
- Hospital bed booking experience would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Computer proficiency and good typing skills
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Good telephone etiquette
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Friday, December 21, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.