Bed Bookings Clerk
- Patient services
- Life St Mary's Private Hospital
- Bed Bookings Clerk
A vacancy exists for an Bed Bookings Clerk, based at Life St Mary's Hospital, Mthatha, reporting to the Reception Supervisor, Nosipho Thomas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the allocation of patients to the wards and ensuring that all problems experienced with regard to accommodation is resolved.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure a culture of quality in our business and operational excellence, cost control and management of outputs.
- Provide a cost effective and efficient support service to the hospital and patients.
- Pursue a culture of positive relationship with doctor’s secretaries, doctors, staff members and medical aid.
- ISO 9001 Compliances
- Assist and contribute in achieving group target for all QMS audits.
- All doctors rooms phoning for beds must be informed that patients must bring ID and Medical aid cards to hospital – documentation of main member and patient.
- Communicate all cases booked to reception.
- Sustaining the sms notification to all doctors for patient admitted.
- Obtain all relevant data and information from theatre on procedures booked for the following day.
- Print census to ensure what beds are available
- Liaise with relevant units and doctors to allocate beds for theater cases and bookings from the doctors rooms in advance.
- Maintaining effective teamwork within the department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Continuously evaluating and improving current work processes.
- Matric or equivalent
- Hospital bed booking experience is essential.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Computer proficiency and good typing skills
- Driver’s license
- Working knowledge of COID
- Private booking management
- Management of unregistered new born babies
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awarenessBuilding Good working relationships with doctors rooms
- 047 505 5707
- Closing date
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.