Bed Bookings Clerk
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Bed Bookings Clerk
A vacancy exists for a Bed Bookings Clerk based at Life Springs Parkland Hospital. The successful candidates will contribute to the effective functioning of the admissions department and become part of a professional team that continuously strives for the highest standards of quality in Life Healthcare. This is an exciting opportunity for a mature, motivated, dynamic & passionate individual.
- Critical Outputs
- Providing a prompt, courteous service to all patients, visitors, wards, doctors, colleagues and other hospitals.
- Admitting of all patients accurately on Impilo System in accordance with LHC protocols and procedures.
- Collection of co-payments, private fees when applicable as well as related documents
- Ensure adherence to Fund admission requirements and knowledge of benefit, limits and co-payments.
- Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorisation for all admissions/pre-admissions.
- High standard of completion of documentation.
- Telephone answering duties as per LHC policies.
- Receiving and handling of cash according to company cash management protocols.
- Candidate needs to be flexible with regards to working hours including night duty, weekends public holidays and overtime.
- Computer literacy (Impilo, IMEDS, MS Office) will be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in dealing with customers
- Knowledge of hospital procedures will be advantageous
- Knowledge of medical terminology will be advantageous
- Knowledge of medical aids & co-payments.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Sunday, October 28, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.