Bed Booking Clerk
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Bed Booking Clerk
The above vacancy have arisen at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Reception Supervisor.
- Critical Outputs
- Obtain all data from theatre for the following days procedures timorously and allocate wards and beds accordingly.
- Constant liaison with wards, Doctors’ rooms and Trauma Unit in respect of bed availability.
- Attend daily planning meetings for optimum bed utilisation.
- Allocate beds for transfers and isolation cases.
- Ensure business processes are in line with patient services protocols and procedures
- Ensure compliance with QMS audit daily.
- Assist wards after hours to update bed movements, bed types and discharges .
- Assist with labour hour reconciliations, project initiatives and staff duty rosters.
- Contribute positively to green area meetings.
- Quality objectives and Q evaluator targets met.
- Computer literacy (Impilo, MS Office, Imeds).
- Excellent communication skills & experience in dealing with Doctors and customers.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and medical terminology.
- Previous experience will be a strong recommendation.
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to organise, plan and work under pressure.
- Problem solving
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer representativeness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, April 23, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.