Basic Ambulance Assistant
- Postmasburg, Northern Cape
- Basic Ambulance Assistant
An exciting full time position exist for Basic Ambulance Assistant at Life EMS, to be based at Beeshoek Clinic situated in Postmasburg, Northern Cape. The successful candidate will be responsible for the rendering of a quality service, which is effective and efficient, and meets and exceeds company and customers’ expectations and requirements.
The successful candidate will work 8 hour shifts / 40 Hour work week. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the provision of Emergency Medical Care and Rescue Services to the client as well as Audio, Spiro, Vision- screening, drug testing, vitals screening, first aid box management and general admin tasks
- Critical Outputs
- Provide quality Emergency Medical Services at the designated client site/s.
- Ensure legal compliance to all patient related documentation, treatment and care.
- Meeting the prescribed professional and quality standards of Life Healthcare Group and the client.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of the workplace, adhering to infection control policies and procedures as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with patient monitoring and treatment in the on-site Occupational Health clinic- including Audio, Spiro, Vision screenings, drug testing, vital screening, first aid box management and general admin tasks
- Contributing to the enhancement of working relationships, co-operation and communication within the EMS department, the clinic and the client.
- General administrative functions i.e. compiling procedures, maintaining patient files, record keeping, stock control and ordering, as well as, asset control.
- Assistance with in-service training of staff and, where required, client employees.
- Where required, form part of the client’s Emergency Response Team and assist with any specific training requirements they might have.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, HPCSA and OHSA requirements.
- Participation in the client’s internal audits and ensuring compliance to contractual Key Performance Indicators.
- Be physically fit, in good health and capable of passing, if required, a functional work capacity fitness examination, as well as, undergo a fitness to work medical examination (including a drug screening test).
- Applicants may be required to have a criminal check done.
- Current registration with the HPCSA Professional Board of Emergency Care, as Basic Ambulance Assistant (BAA).
- Have at least 2 years’ clinical work experience, in an operation environment, as a BAA.
- Proof of compliance with HPCSA Continuous Professional Development requirements.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers would be an advantage
- Vehicle licence code 10 (C) or above with PrDP
- Defensive driving certificate would be an advantage
- Industrial site experience would be an advantage.
- Good general understanding of legislation pertaining to the specific business environment of Life EMS, Life Occupational Health and the client.
- A motivated team player, who is willing to offer extended commitment to ensure operational standards and efficiencies are met and maintained.
- Excellent interpersonal and client liaison skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure within a complex, challenging environment.
- Computer literacy in all recognized Microsoft Office packages essential.
- Own reliable transport is required.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Influencing skills
- Business insight
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships & networking
- Motivating and developing people
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Closing date
- Thursday, April 18, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Use the following reference in the email subject line when applying: BAA/Beeshoek/01/2019