- Life Mount Edgecombe Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Millwright preferred or Mechanical at Life Mount Edgecombe Hospital, reporting to Hospital Engineering Manager. The job entails continuous availability of Mechanical and Electrical services for the Hospital infrastructure. Be a part of a professional team providing high standards in healthcare and a high tech environment.
- Critical Outputs
- Maintain and repair air conditioning units, air handling units, heat pumps, vacuum pumps, compressors, autoclaves, kitchen equipment, gas installations, hot and cold water reticulation and all mechanical equipment.
- Function independently in a service environment
- Excellent completion of daily job cards as well as feedback thereof is high priority
- Carry out stock and inventory control
- Adhere to safe working practices (OHS Act) and Risk Management
- After hour standby and call out responsibilities
- Assistance with related ad-hoc functions as requested by manage
- At least N4 qualification in Millwright or Mechanical Engineering coupled with a Trade Test certificate and a minimum of 3 years in engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Influencing skills
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.