- Head Office, JHB
- Analytics Manager
Analytics Manager, reporting to the Head: Analytics. The successful candidate will play a key role in the realisation of an organisation driven by evidence-based decision-making, and as such, this is a strategically important position. The role is responsible for ensuring that senior management, business and other key stakeholders are equipped with insights from data that can inform their strategic decisions, but more than that, for designing and building the engine for the delivery of data insights.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that Life Healthcare can drive business value through reporting and analytics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand analytics needs and how these evolve.
- Responsible for clarifying client requirements and translate analytical concepts into client-friendly terminology, meeting all analytical requirements.
- Oversee the analytics infrastructure and toolkit and ensure that it remains fit for purpose in support of organisational goals, researching best-in-breed solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee and manage a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and domain experts.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance, quality-obsessed, collaborative culture with other leaders in the broader data and analytics team.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the application of advanced analytics to solve business problems
- Drive innovation in the analysis of data.
- Be accountable for applying advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics that uses cutting-edge data science and machine learning techniques to guide evidence-driven decision-making.
Effectively communicate to senior management, business, and staff in the data and analytics team the value and importance of analytics and the business possibilities that flow from its insights.
- Honours-level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or a cognate analytical field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics environment, using descriptive and predictive analytics to inform business decisions.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Understanding of data systems, architecture and pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Project management skills.
- Client relationship skills: demonstrated ability to build relationships with and deliver valuable solutions for stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant analytics tools, including big data solutions.
- Healthcare experience will be a definitive advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Analytical mindset
- Leadership skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Monday, January 17, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.