Admissions Clerks x 2 - Temporary Positions
- Life Peglerae Hospital
- Admissions Clerks x 2 - Temporary Positions
Vacancies exists for Temporary Admission Clerks, based at Life Peglerae Hospital, reporting to Ouma Khunou, Admission Supervisor.
The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of patient services by enabling smooth running and support in delivering quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing patients appropriately and professionally.
- Be willing to listen, help and take action of all customer complaints
- Performing general administration duties involved in the admission of patients.
- Manage the accuracy of the admission process and the prevention of potential risk factors.
- Assist patients with completion of admission information forms.
- Capture patient details and procedures accurately.
- Scanning documents into the system, i.e. referral letters, medical aid cards etc.
- Booking patients for special procedures and supply pre-examination requirements to patients and units where necessary.
- Confirm authorization for certain procedures.
- Answering the telephone and resolve queries, or direct to relevant parties.
- Manage payments made at reception and billing of patient accounts, where applicable.
- Being aware of the patients’ status in the waiting area, i.e. examination completed and waiting for results etc.
- Ensure principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to; ensure safe and clean hygienic environment
- Foster a harmonious relationship between the reception staff, patients and hospital staff.
- Operating the switchboard in a relief capacity.
- Grade 12
- Receptionist and General administrative experience
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and medical terminology will be an advantage
- Knowledge and application of patient administration systems, policies and procedures
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Thursday, January 23, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.