- Patient services
- Life Anncron Hospital
- Admission Clerk
A Position has become available for a committed individual to join Life Anncron Hospital as an Admission Clerk reporting to the Admissions Supervisor, Annette Esterhuizen.
The Successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the admissions department and become part of a professional team that continuously strife for the highest standards of quality in Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Providing a prompt, courteous service to all patients, visitors, wards, doctors, colleagues and other hospitals.
- Admitting of all patients accurately on the Impilo System in accordance with LHC protocol and procedures.
- Manage the collection of co-payments, private fees
- Application of funder rules related to hospitalization will be advantageous, example benefits, co-payments
- Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorization for all admissions/pre-admissions.
- High standard of completion of documentation.
- Telephone answering duties as per LHC policies.
- Receiving and handling of cash according to company cash management protocols.
- Confirm correct A&E billing and manage releasing of accounts.
- Candidate needs to be flexible with regard to working hours including night duty and overtime
- Grade 12 Qualification and computer proficiency – test could be performed.
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to work under pressure – multitask.
- Knowledge of IMEDS and Impilo advantageous
- Reliable, motivated and hardworking
- Accurate handling of cash (ITC check will be performed)
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of funder rules related to hospitalization will be advantageous
- Ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 018 468 0023
- 086 206 2681
- Closing date
- Friday, May 24, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.