Admission Clerk - Sessional
- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Admission Clerk - Sessional
A vacancy exists for a Sessional Admission Clerk, based at Life Queenstown Hospital, reporting to Dedré Goosen, Reception Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial and clinical risks of the patient event by ensuring accurate coding, collection of clinical information and accounts submissions of patient hospitalization to achieve key strategic objectives
- Critical Outputs
• Maintain a well-run, professional and patient focussed admission environment.
• Manage the accuracy of the admission process and the prevention of potential risk factors.
• Synergy ad teamwork – working closely with credit controllers, case managers, reception staff and doctors.
• Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorization for admissions.
• Manage the risk for the hospital by adhering to all related protocols.
• Ensure quality care to all patients is maintained.
• Perform switchboard duties as and when necessary.
• Handling money and receipting.
• Collection of co-payments, private fees when applicable as well as related documentation.
• Performing general administration duties involved in the pre admission of patients.
• Grade 12 or equivalent and computer literacy
• Knowledge of Imeds an Impilo advantageous
• An enthusiastic, motivated, and well organized individual with initiative and able to handle pressure.
• Able to work shifts and overtime as required.
• Customer service oriented.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
• Teamwork essential.
• Prior knowledge and experience of admissions and medical terminology would be advantageous.
• Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
• Engaging diversity
• Verbal & written communication and presentation
• Drive & energy
• Excellence orientation
• Ethical behaviour
• Building relationships
• Customer responsiveness
• Organisational awareness
- 045 808 4500
- Closing date
- Friday, August 23, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.