- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- Admission Clerk
A vacancy exists for an Admission Clerk, based at Life West Coast Private Hospital, reporting to Lizette Botha, Reception Supervisor.
- Critical Outputs
- Maintain a well run, professional and patient focussed admission environment.
- Manage the accuracy of the admission process and the prevention of potential risk factors.
- Synergy and teamwork – working closely with credit controllers, case managers reception staff and doctors.
- Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorisation for admission
- Manage the risk for the hospital by adhering to all related protocols.
- Ensure quality care to all patients is maintained.
- Operating switchboard
- Handling money and receipting
- Collection of co-payments, private fees when applicable as well as related documentation
- Performing general administration duties involved in the pre-admission of patients
- A&E billing and releasing of accounts
- Assist with the confirmations process when required
- Grade 12 and computer literacy
- Knowledge of Imeds and Impilo advantageous.
- An enthusiastic, motivated, well organised individual with initiative and able to handle pressure.
- Able to work shifts (day or night) and overtime as required.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
- Teamwork essential
- Prior knowledge and experience of admissions and medical terminology would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 022 719 1030
- Closing date
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.