- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Administration Manager
A vacancy exists for an Administration Manager at Life Wilgers Hospital based in Pretoria, reporting to the Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial results of the business in line with accounting standards and within corporate governance protocols in support of Life Healthcare objectives and strategy.
- Critical Outputs
Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Life values, operating model and strategy.
- Actively sponsor Life initiatives and projects as it relates to hospital.
- Actively participate in hospital MANCO meetings, regional Shaka, RSRT meetings and forums
- Actively lead and manage F&A and HOD feedback meetings and ensure participation from all parties to achieve strategic objectives
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to Life people policies and practices.
Accurate financial reporting & analysis
- Responsibility for managing general ledger close and people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines
- Prepare variance to budget as compared to prior year analysis, report on hospital performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action with staff and Enabling functions as required
- Support to Hospital, Nursing and Pharmacy Manager with regard to financial analysis and reporting including but not limited to employee costs and stock control
- Participate in hospital strategic planning to identify Capex projects, developing financial models for proposed plans with local management and enabling functions and assist hospital manager in developing a motivations for Capex projects
- Develop operating budget, ensure final budget presented matches approved parameters, ensure sign off of budget by management and communicate approved budget to all units
- Ensure final working capital budget presented reflects the requirements of the operating budget, ensure sign off by management and communicate approved budget to all units
Effective management of internal controls
- Prepare annual review checklists and manage the internal control environment within the hospital
- Administration of minority companies i.e. preparation of board meetings, checking board packs, liaising with company secretariat etc.
Effective patient services management
- Ensure all credit management targets are met (i.e. internal and external debtors days etc)
- Manage and minimise risk and achieve LHC targets regarding rejections, bad debts, case management write offs and reimbursement codes
- Oversee pre-admission trends with relevant manager and manage appropriately
- Identify problems and take remedial actions with relevant stakeholders
Effective governance and risk management
- Manage compliance to the executive constraints per corporate governance, report deviations and take action where necessary
Effective quality management and customer relations
- Achieve and improve quality metrics, continuously monitor and measure processes to maintain and approve same and actively lead and promote LHC quality drive
- Manage data integrity and compliance to LHC protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, conduct feedback surveys in order to monitor relationships and service levels, identify trends and implement remedial actions
- CA (SA) with completed articles essential
- Commercial and operational experience in the healthcare sector would be an advantage
- Experience in financial management, people management and financial reporting
- Understand of the basic principles of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Understanding of basic key commercial legislation (e.g. Companies Act, Income Tax Act) and their implications on the business
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Own transport and ability to travel regionally
- 3-5 years’ Relevant experience, preferably commercial management in a corporate services environment
- Ability to learn industry specifics i.e. related healthcare terminology
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Lead by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Friday, July 27, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.