- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Accounts Clerk
A vacancy exists for an Accounts Clerk, based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, Cape Town, reporting to Christelle Grebe, Finance & Administration Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for capturing of data and financial information and performing specific general ledger reconciliations to specific areas of the financial processes in the financial accounting process of Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Responsible for month end processes and assist in capturing of data
- Responsible for internal and third party invoicing and accounts receivable
- Liaising with credit control regarding daily banking and bank transfers.
- Managing the allocated creditors: reconciling, recording and reconciling of transactions
- Constantly striving to improve working methods to improve standardisation and efficiencies
- Perform reconciliations for specific processes
- Assisting the Finance & Administration Manager with ad-hoc tasks and projects
- Operate accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and policies
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system
- Facilitate account queries with internal and external stakeholders
- Grade 12
- Relevant tertiary qualification with a focus on accounting
- Financial process understanding up to trial balance
- Ability to perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge and proven experience of accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software (SAP)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.