5 x Registered Nurse (Theatre Qualified) | General Theatre
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- 5 x Registered Nurse (Theatre Qualified) | General Theatre
Five (5) vacancies exist for a Registered Nurse (Theatre Qualified) in General Theatre based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Theatre Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximise a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Ensuring effective financial management by:
- Ensuring accurate charging by managing theatre clocking time
- Ensuring consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis is charged according to policy
- Managing stock by participating in regular stock taking and controlling of the consignment stock in accordance with the hospital (local) policy
Affecting the functioning of theatre equipment and instrumentation by:
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilisation of the equipment
Providing Quality patient care by:
- Obtaining the correct information pre-operatively and visiting the patient post-operatively
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assist the doctor during the surgical procedure
Ensuring effective people management by:
- Providing theatre specific training and assessing the competence of staff
- Assist the Unit Manager to correctly monitor the normal and overtime hours
- Ensure the theatre team works according to the scope of practice
- Give feedback to the unit manager in order to assess optimal performance
Effective SHEQ management by:
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
Effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders:
- Attend review and consultative form meetings to maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the unit manager
- Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
- General Nursing Degree/Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Relevant experience in General Theatre
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Sunday, March 31, 2024
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.