Intermediate care and rehabilitation
This service provides a link between acute care and the community: a longer period of supervised care and recovery for older persons, persons with compromised health status and those with co-morbid disorders.
What is the purpose of in-patient transitional care?
- To facilitate optimal recovery from acute illness
- To decrease complications of a long-term condition
- To equip patients with the necessary skills to regain independence with activities of daily living (ADL)
- The ultimate goal is to discharge the patient back home, or to an alternative supported living environment
The facility provides
- Post-acute, restorative and palliative care
- All care based on comprehensive assessments
- The development of a structured care plan, including active therapy and appropriate treatment interventions
- A multidisciplinary team, consisting of professionals and mid-level workers, provides the services