||Cnr Alhof & Ryk Tulbach Streets,
||PO Box 287,
||044 691 3718
||044 691 3717
At the Life Bay View Private Hospital cardiac unit we focus on all aspects of heart
health – from awareness and education initiatives to cardiology, cardio-thoracic
surgery and the rehabilitation of cardiac patients.
Our dedicated, multi-disciplinary team of leading supporting specialists, other
healthcare professionals and specialist nursing staff, together with our and state-of-the-art
facilities and technology ensure the best possible cardiac service to the greater
Our cardiac facilities and services
- A 24-hour cardiac and ICU unit, complete with helicopter landing pad, capable of handling any form of cardiac emergency.
- A high technology cardiac catheterisation laboratory.
- A dedicated cardio-thoracic theatre.
- An 14 bed intensive care and high care unit, accommodating patients who have undergone cardiac procedures in the cardiac catheterisation laboratory, major cardiac surgery, or have other acute coronary syndromes and myocardial infarcts.
- Abdominal aortic aneurism repair with covered stent
- Balloon mitral valvuloplasty
- Cardiac catheterisation procedures
- Coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
- Implantation of coronary stents
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (normal and off-pump procedures)
- Implantation of artificial heart valves
- Implantation of cardiac defibrillators
- Implantation of pacemakers including bi-ventricular pacemakers
- Peripheral endovascular revascularisation
Complementary facilities and services
- Patient and family counselling
- Radiology unit, including CT scanner and MRI scanner
|Dr S Blake
||044 691 2700
|Dr S Fourie
||044 690 5519
|Dr A Lochner
||044 691 0088
|Dr J Botha
||044 690 444
|Dr T van Rooyen
||044 691 3240